Friday 12 February 2010

Tell a Story in 3 Shots.

The first challenge for my flickr group was to tell a story in 3 pictures.

My original idea had been to try and convey the saying "No use crying over spilt milk". I was going to do this by having a bottle of milk and empty glass in the first shot, a glass of milk on it's side (with the milk all over the bench) and then my boyfriend's nephew crying in the last shot. There were some problems with doing this though. The most obvious one being that I wasn't allowed to poke the child to make him cry and, as he's a happy child most of the time, it would be hard to get a really good shot of him crying..... Aaaaaand then there was the mess that comes with deliberately spilling a glass of milk on a kitchen worktop. In theory, it would have worked well as the worktops are black marble effect and the white milk would have contrasted nicely but still... I didn't want to clean it up.

So after treating myself to some tulips, I came up with this idea:-

Tell a Story in 3 Pictures #1

Tell a Story in 3 Pictures #2

Tell a Story in 3 Pictures #3


I wanted to convey the life of a bunch of flowers and tried to use editing to help show the withering and lack of vitality towards the end. I think it worked well in the last two shots but the first seems just a little too vibrant. It doesn't seem to match the other two shots which is partly due to it being shot at night by artificial light while the other two were shot today in natural light. However, this is how we learn.

No comments: