Thursday 11 February 2010

365

Okies, the 365 starts on 14th February 2010. I have my little compact camera now to carry around with me and I have been scribbling down ideas that I can do in the house or near to where I live should I be unable to come up with a shot while out and about.

I'm looking forward to it. I don't want it to be just snapshots so will have to think creatively and make a bog standard shot of a household item a little different to include it in the 365. I am hoping to use the 365 as a chance to improve both my technical skills and my editing skills. We'll see.

I probably won't be able to upload a shot a day so will try and upload once a week. I certainly will be taking a shot a day for it though.

If anyone wants to see my other photos, then please head to my flickr page:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dm82/

I think that as well as improving my photography, the 365 is a challenge which sounds quite easy to complete but may be harder to actually do. I have been thinking about doing it for a while when I realised I was getting bored with photography. I have lots of photos in my archive waiting to be edited but there wasn't really any challenge in getting them. I used to go and just take snaps without really thinking too much.

When I was given a 50mm lens for Christmas, it sparked my interest in photography again. It's quite a challenge to get it perfectly in focus without auto-focus to rely on. Especially when you're as impatient as me.

Looking for more to get my teeth into, I set up a group on Flickr where people can take part in a challenge a month. This month, the challenge is "Tell a Story in 3 Shots". You can read more about it and the rules at Flickr:-

http://www.flickr.com/groups/nemonthlychallenge/

I would discuss my idea for my "story" here but I never know which Flickerites will be reading.... Dave... lol

******************************************************************

It feels strange to use this blog again because I have another one on a different blog site and on there, I write quite freely about the things that are happening in my day-to-day life, as well as sharing photos and my writing.

I am part of a community on that blog site but here, I'm a stranger. I think I found it harder to integrate myself on this site and therefore left this one and tried the other one. So we'll see how it goes this time around!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Who me, as if I would lol